The following is the judging process for The 2017 Media Awards
Entries are accepted in 22 categories.
The judging panel is recruited, drawing from the following sectors:
- Media Agency Staff
- Clients (Marketing Directors etc.)
- Media Owners
- Auditors & Pitch Consultants
- Sales Professionals
There will be approximately 50 judges on the judging panel.
These judges will be split into sub-groups of 5 judges each.
- The categories are split up amongst the sub groups.
- Each category will be judged in its entirety by the same sub group.
- The categories are divided to ensure that judges have a manageable amount of entries to review and judge AND to ensure that conflicts do not arise.
- Conflicts include (but are not limited to):
- Agencies reviewing their own or their competitors work.
- Media owners reviewing their own or their competitors work.
- Clients reviewing their own or competitors work.
- The number of judging sub groups depends on the total number of entries but is typically 8-10.
- Judges will sign a confidentiality agreement, declaring that they will not discuss, outside of the judging process, any of the entries that they review.
- Judges review the entries that they have been assigned and score them based on the guidelines for each individual category. This takes place over a two week period.
- These guidelines are available here.
- The judges then meet to review the entries in person on March 31st 2017 (Date subject to change).
- A moderator will be present in all judging sessions – The moderator will not have any decision making role in deciding the results.
- Judges are presented with their aggregate scores for their group as a guideline.
- Judges review the entries as a group and select:
- A shortlist of 6
- A gold, silver and bronze award*
- The shortlist is published after this meeting. The shortlist publication date is Monday April 3rd (Date subject to change).
- The winners are announced at the awards ceremony on April 20th.
* Only one gold can be awarded but different combinations of silver and bronze are permitted. E.g. Gold Silver, Silver or Gold, Bronze
The Interview Stage
There are 7 categories that have a 2nd stage to decide the winners.
- Best Use of Media (ROI or NI) Medium / Large
- Best Use of Media (ROI or NI) Niche
- Media Brand of the Year
- Sales Team of the Year
- Media Agency of the Year (ROI)
- Media Agency of the Year (NI)
- Agency Network of the Year
In these categories the process is the same as above up to and including the shortlist phase.
The shortlisted entrants are invited back to present their submissions to the same judging subgroup.
- Each shortlisted entrant will have a maximum 20 minutes to present their submission to the judges with a further 5 minutes for questions.
- More time can be allocated for questions at the discretion of the presenters but at least 5 minutes must be allowed for questions and a maximum of 25 minutes is allowed in total.
- These presentations should ‘bring to life’ the written submission.
- These presentations will take place across April 11th and 12th and will take place at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road. (Dates subject to change).
The judges will then decide the gold, silver and bronze winners after all presentations.
Prizes will be allocated in these categories as follows:
- Best Use of Media (ROI or NI) Medium / Large Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Best Use of Media (ROI or NI) Niche Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Media Brand of the Year Gold Silver Bronze
- Sales Team of the Year Gold, Silver Bronze
- Media Agency of the Year (ROI) Gold only
- Media Agency of the Year (NI) Gold only
- Agency Network of the Year Gold only
As above the winners are announced at the awards ceremony on April 20th.
This concludes the judging process.